What is the Longview Chamber of Commerce?
The Longview Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary organization of business and professional men and women who have joined together for the betterment of business, development of tourism, development of downtown Longview potential, and the overall quality of life in Longview.
The area’s economic well-being is directly related to the caliber of work that is done by the chamber of commerce. That is why the Longview Chamber of Commerce has a major impact on business, income and future growth of the area.
Our Mission Statement:
To engage in and promote projects that have a positive economic impact on the Longview Trade Area.
Our Vision Statement:
To be recognized as an effective resource, providing relevant, innovative, and impactful programming that ensures a healthy business climate and an enhanced quality of life for Longview and Gregg County.
- Strengthen the local economy by researching and providing available resources to grow our local businesses.
- Promote the community by marketing Longview as a destination for new businesses, active older adults and potential employees.
- Provide business to business networking opportunities by organizing and hosting a myriad of seminars, events, etc. for our Chamber members.
- Represent the interests of business with government by building relationships with governmental agencies and effectively voicing the needs of area businesses.
- Build community-wide leadership by encouraging and developing a shared vision for the future of Longview and collectively influencing stakeholders to make it happen.
- We believe that together we can have a stronger voice and influence positive outcomes.
- We believe Longview is a great place to live and work.
- We believe that together we can develop leaders to shape Longview’s future.
R.E.A.C.H. Strategic Plan:
Our REACH program engages in promoting projects that have a positive economic impact on the Longview Trade Area.
Objectives of the Chamber:
- To promote a better understanding of our private enterprise system
- To coordinate the efforts of commerce, industry, tourism and the professions in maintaining and strengthening a sound and healthy business climate in Longview
- To sponsor aggressive programs of work and stimulate activities which will provide for full development and employment of our human and economic resources
- To provide creative business leadership and effective coordination of all interested parties in solving community problems and in initiating constructive community action
- To create a broad understanding and appreciation of the great opportunities in Longview, and to promote the advantages and assets of our community, within the area, in the state and in the nation
How the Chamber Operates:
Board of Directors: The Board of Directors is the policy making body of the chamber. Its members represent the business and professional leadership of the community. The Chairman of the Board presides over all meetings of the Board.
Executive Committee: The Executive Committee consists of the officers of the organization and the President. It exercises the powers of the Board between those times when Board meetings are held.
Committees: A committee system is the most effective means of harnessing energies and abilities of volunteer members.
How the Chamber Is Financed:
The Longview Chamber of Commerce is funded through several sources. The Chamber of Commerce’s primary source of funding is membership. A little over 50% of the Chamber’s money comes directly from the membership investments paid by the members. Event sponsors make up 31% of the Chamber’s annual budget with the remaining 18% comes from our own entrepreneurial activities from products and services we provide.
Board of Directors
Immediate Past Chairman of the Board
Advanta Insurance Partners
9 Oak Forest Dr
Longview, TX 75605
Longview Scrap & Metal Company
PO Box 8089
Longview, TX 75601
Komatsu Mining Corp. Group
P O Box 2307
Longview, TX 75606
Chairman of Finance
Longview Regional Medical Center
PO Box 14000
Longview, TX 75607-4000